Welcome to the website of the NGO Branch, Office for ECOSOC Support and Coordination, UN DESA. We support the work of the Committee on NGOs of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), the intergovernmental body responsible for granting consultative status with ECOSOC to non-governmental organizations (NGOs). There are currently 4,507 (NGOs) in active consultative status with (ECOSOC)
[list]. Information regarding applications for consultative status, participation in meetings and events at the United Nations, accreditations and other matters is currently available in English, French, Spanish and Arabic.
You can also subscribe to our monthly email newsletter, DESA NGO News, which is currently available in English, for up-to-date news and information about outcomes of key meetings and participation in activities and upcoming events at the United Nations, among others.
- President of the seventy-first session of the United Nations General Assembly
- ECOSOC Coordination and Management Meeting - Summary of discussions
- Join DESA ASG Thomas Gass in Twitterchat on SDGs!
- 2016 Resumed Session of the Committee on NGOs
- Register to attend Habitat III - PrepCom3, 25 - 27 July 2016 in Surabaya, Indonesia, as well as apply for side events, parallel events and exhibitions
- 2016 ECOSOC High-Level Segment - Open Call for Oral and Written Statements (28 March - 15 April 2016)
- 2016 ECOSOC e-Discussion: Implementing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development - 29 February to 25 March 2016
- Call for NGO input toward Secretary-General's report on inclusion and accessibility for persons with disabilities at the United Nations
- Regular session of the Committee on NGOs concludes with the adoption of its report on 16 February 2016
- 15th session of the Committee of Experts on Public Administration Open Call for Oral and Written Statements (Deadline: 31 March 2016)
- Committee on NGOs opens its 2016 Regular Session on 25 January
- 54th Commission for Social Development: Rethinking and Strengthening Social Development in the Contemporary World
- 17 - 20 October: United Nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat III)
- 17 October - 4 November: Human Rights Committee (International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights), 118th Session
- 24 October - 18 November: 65th session of the Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW), and pre-sessional working group for the 67th session
- 26-27 November: Global Sustainable Transport Conference, Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
- 15-18 January: UN World Data Forum, Cape Town, South Africa