Also of Interest...
15th session of the Committee of Experts on Public Administration Open Call for Oral and Written Statements (Deadline: 31 March 2016)The Division for Public Administration and Development Management of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs is pleased to announce an open call for written statements for the 15th session of CEPA for NGOs in ECOSOC consultative status.
The main item of discussion for CEPA this year is "Moving from commitments to results: transforming public institutions to facilitate inclusive policy formulation and integration in the implementation and monitoring of the sustainable development goals" with sub-items:
1. Ensuring prioritization and decision-making that is fair, responsive, inclusive, participatory and accountable at all levels;
2. Improving engagement and communication between Governments and stakeholders, including through access to information, open government and electronic and mobile solutions;
3. Ensuring effective and innovative implementation, monitoring and impact evaluation of the policies identified in support of the sustainable development goals;
4. Strengthening the confidence of citizens in the effectiveness, validity and integrity of public administration through enhanced, targeted efforts to use good governance to prevent, expose and deal with corruption;
5. Developing transformative leadership and enhancing relevant competencies of public servants.
The 15th session will be held on 18-22 April at the United Nations Headquarters in New York. The submission of written statements on these issues is open through CSO-Net at http://bit.ly/CEPA2016. Statements sent by e-mail cannot be accepted. More information: http://bit.ly/CEPA2016 See All News