Participating in a UN event
To participate in a event listed on this site, look for the registration link for the event of your interest on the
Upcoming Events page on this site.
Note that the arrangements for NGO participation are different for every meeting, and set by the organizers of each event, in line with ECOSOC resolution 1996/31 and established procedures.
Generally, sessions of the functional commissions of ECOSOC, that take place in the spring of each year such as
Commission for Social Development, the
Commission for Population and Development, the
UN Forum on Forests, and the
Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues, are open to NGOs in consultative status. Click here for an overview of subsidiary bodies of ECOSOC.
Many of the other events listed on this site will be open to all NGOs. However all will require pre-registration. Please check carefully the information on the organizer's event page. You must always have a valid grounds pass, and be accredited by a recognized NGO, to attend any event at the United Nations.
Introducing the Indico event registration system
We are launching a new platform for managing NGO registration to meetings and events at United Nations Headquarters in New York. The platform is called Indico, and it will be replacing the registration functionality of the current system, CSO Net. Indico is an open source platform developed by CERN and customized by our colleagues at the UN Office in Geneva, where it is already used for all event registrations.
Indico is user-friendly, secure, robust and flexible. Its features include:
• A user-friendly system that allows participants to manage their own registrations to multiple events
• A flexible event organization workflow that fits lectures, meetings, workshops and conferences
• Easy upload and retrieval of presentations, papers and other documents
• The ability for designated NGO Conference Focal Points to review the registrations of participants from their organization
• Enhancements to make the accreditation process more secure and efficient, saving time for participants and conference organizers
You can find more information about Indico here: ttps://reg.unog.ch/about