Welcome to the website of the NGO Branch, Office for ECOSOC Support and Coordination, UN DESA. We support the work of the Committee on NGOs of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), the intergovernmental body responsible for granting consultative status with ECOSOC to non-governmental organizations (NGOs). There are currently 4,507 (NGOs) in active consultative status with (ECOSOC)
[list]. Information regarding applications for consultative status, participation in meetings and events at the United Nations, accreditations and other matters is currently available in English, French, Spanish and Arabic.
You can also subscribe to our monthly email newsletter, DESA NGO News, which is currently available in English, for up-to-date news and information about outcomes of key meetings and participation in activities and upcoming events at the United Nations, among others.
- Last two weeks: Apply for ECOSOC consultative status in order to be considered by the 2018 NGO Committee (Deadline: 1 June 2017 - Late submissions will not be accepted)
- Video: Webinar on Applying for Consultative Status (New York, 5 May 2017)
- 2017 ECOSOC High-Level Segment - Open Call for Oral and Written Statements (3 - 21 April 2017)
- UN General Assembly Preparatory Process for the Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration
- 16th session of the Committee of Experts on Public Administration, NY, 24 - 28 April 2017 - Call for written statements
- Webinar on Engaging Youth in the Implementation of Agenda 2030 (7 December 2016 - 11:00a.m. to 12:30p.m. EST)
- Join Facebook chat: How can climate change resilience bring opportunities to reduce inequalities?
- President of the seventy-first session of the United Nations General Assembly
- ECOSOC Coordination and Management Meeting - Summary of discussions
- Join DESA ASG Thomas Gass in Twitterchat on SDGs!
- 2016 Resumed Session of the Committee on NGOs
- Register to attend Habitat III - PrepCom3, 25 - 27 July 2016 in Surabaya, Indonesia, as well as apply for side events, parallel events and exhibitions
- 24 April - 5 May: 16th session of the United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues (UNPFII16)
- 24 April - 12 May: 92nd Session of the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD)
- 15 - 16 May: Second Multi-stakeholder Forum on Science, Technology and Innovation for the SDGs
- 22 - 31 May: 2017 Resumed Session of the Commitee on NGOs
- 22 - 25 May: 2017 Financing for Development (FfD) Forum
- 31 May: 2017 Special Meeting of ECOSOC on "Innovations in Infrastructure Development and Promoting Sustainable Industrialization"
- 5 - 9 June: United Nations Conference to Support the Implementation of Sustainable Development Goal 14: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- 13 - 15 June: 10th session of the Conference of States Parties to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- 15 June - 7 July: United Nations Conference to Negotiate a Legally Binding Instrument to Prohibit Nuclear Weapons, Leading Towards their Total Elimination
- 10 - 19 July: High-Level Political Forum (HLPF) on Sustainable Development
- 4 - 15 September: 13th Session, Committee on Enforced Disappearances, Geneva