- 15-26 September: Committee on Enforced Disappearances, 7th Session
At its forthcoming 7th session in September 2014, the Committee on Enforced Disappearances will examine the efforts of Belgium and Paraguay to implement the International Convention for the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearance.
- 17-18 September: First Preparatory Committee of the United Nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat III)
The Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat III) and its preparatory process welcome the participation and contributions of all relevant stakeholders, including parliamentarians, civil society organizations, regional, local government and municipality representatives, professionals and researchers, academia, foundations, women and youth groups, trade unions, and the private sector, as well as organizations of the United Nations system and intergovernmental organizations.
- 22 September: Special Session of the General Assembly on ICPD Beyond 2014
The Review will identify progress and achievements towards the goals set out in the landmark International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD), when 179 governments committed to a 20 year Programme of Action to deliver human rights based development. The Beyond 2014 Review process will engage world leaders from governments and civil society and create a renewed consensus and global commitment to create a more equal and more sustainable world.
- 22-23 September: World Conference on Indigenous Peoples
The high-level plenary meeting of the General Assembly, to be known as the World Conference on Indigenous Peoples (WCIP), assembles on Monday, September 22 and Tuesday, September 23, 2014, in New York.
- 20 October-7 November: 59th Session - Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women
The Committee will meet in Geneva and will examine the reports of the following countries during its 59th session: Belgium, Brunei Darussalam, China, Ghana, Guinea, Poland, Solomon Islands and Venezuela.
- 10-13 November: Third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction - Prepcom II
The Third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction and its preparatory process welcome the participation and contributions of all relevant stakeholders, including parliaments, civil society, the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, non-governmental organizations, national platforms for disaster risk reduction, focal points for the Hyogo Framework for Action, local government representatives, scientific institutions and the private sector, as well as organizations of the United Nations system and intergovernmental organizations.
- 20 November: High-level meeting of the General Assembly on the twenty-fifth anniversary of the adoption of the Convention on the Rights of the Child
This year marks the 25th anniversary of the adoption of the Convention on the Rights of the Child. On this occasion, the General Assembly passed a resolution to organize a high-level meeting. This is a critical moment to take stock of progress, suggest ways to bridge implementation gaps and make a strong call for make the vision of the Convention a reality for all children, as well as to highlight innovative approaches that can transform the lives of children everywhere.