Also of Interest...
26-27 May: Hearings of the General Assembly with NGOs, civil society organizations, major groups and the private sector in preparation for the United Nations summit for the adoption of the post-2015 development agendaIn accordance with General Assembly resolution 69/244 of 29 December 2014, the United Nations Summit for the adoption of the post-2015 development agenda will be held from 25 to 27 September 2015, at the United Nations Headquarters in New York and convened as a high-level plenary meeting of the General Assembly.
As part of the process leading up to the Summit, the President of the General Assembly will organize and preside over two days of informal interactive hearings with participation from non-governmental organizations in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council, civil society organizations, the private sector and major groups and an exchange of views with Member States.
Organizations with any of the following accreditation need to simply register, by clicking here:
· Organizations with consultative status with ECOSOC;
· Organizations on the Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD) Roster; and
· Organizations accredited to the World Summit on Sustainable Development (WSSD).
Organizations that do not have one of these forms of accreditation need to apply for special accreditation, which involves two steps:
· Completing a questionnaire by 5:00 p.m. EST on 06 May 2015. (click here); and
· Completing the registration (click here).
More information: See All Upcoming Events