Also of Interest...
18 - 22 April: 15th Session of the Committee of Experts on Public Administration (CEPA)The 15th session of the Committee of Experts on Public Administration of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) will be held from 18 to 22 April 2016 at the United Nations Headquarters, in New York, United States of America.
As approved by ECOSOC, the main issue for discussion will be “Moving from commitments to results: transforming public institutions to facilitate inclusive policy formulation and integration in the implementation and monitoring of the sustainable development goals” The five sub-issues will be:
1. Ensuring prioritization and decision-making that is fair, responsive, inclusive, participatory and accountable at all levels;
2. Improving engagement and communication between Governments and stakeholders, including through access to information, open government and electronic and mobile solutions;
3. Ensuring effective and innovative implementation, monitoring and impact evaluation of the policies identified in support of the sustainable development goals;
4. Strengthening the confidence of citizens in the effectiveness, validity and integrity of public administration through enhanced, targeted efforts to use good governance to prevent, expose and deal with corruption;
5. Developing transformative leadership and enhancing relevant competencies of public servants.
For those unable to attend in person, live and on-demand webcast coverage of this event will be available in six languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish) at http://webtv.un.org
More information: https://publicadministration.un.org/en/cepa See All Upcoming Events